DIGITAL URBAN EUROPEAN TWIN
Change the way you see your city
DUET’s use of Digital Twins truly changes the policy game, disrupting the field of Smart Cities and transitioning to a new age of Responsive Cities. With Responsive Cities, solutions are not designed around citizens, they are designed with citizens.
DUET is a 3-year H2020 project that started in 2020. A consortium of 15 organisations/companies.
This citytwin.eu website is a good summary of the final proof of concept.
With DUET, we have built a tool that helps better understand and investigate policy and urban planning questions. DUET offers visualisation, what-if-analyses (based on mode interactions), dashboards, cocreation tools etc.
About the Flanders pilot
Total surface: 13.522 km2
Inhabitants: 6.653.062 (2021)
DUET Pilot highlights include:
- the integration of Flemish traffic model;
- the connection and interaction with air (NO2, PM10 and PM2,5) and noise models;
- the visualisation of local data layers and sensor data;
- the visualisation of shadow impact and POIs on 3D-map;
In the picture
On March 17th 2022, the DUET project was presented to 27 EU Ministries in Strasburg.
This pitch movie showing the capabilities of the Digital Twin was presented.
DUET Flanders – Cases
Start To Discover…
…as a visitor
…as a user/expert
Do whatever a visitor can do
…as an organisation/project
Do whatever a user/expert can do
Turn yourself in active mode :
- Get access to our back-office
- Use existing datasets and models
- Create and manage your own cases, simulations & dashboards
- Vote and comment existing cases
Boost your organisation/project with free, state-of-the-art technology :
- Create your own creative laboratory
- Manage users and cases inside your organisation or project
- Create scenarios and organise voting
- Broadcast your cases to a broad public
What we offer
Make better evidence-based operational decisions and longer term policy choices.
ANALYSE AND PREDICT
DUET offers a business-level view that can be used to measure, analyse and predict operational impact across an entire city or region. This end-to-end, real-time, visibility enables cities to understand what is happening across its multi-disciplinary domains and services.
SIMULATE AND EXPERIMENT
Predictive simulations create a better understanding of how a service can meet the needs of its target audience, enabling differing teams from across an organisation to work together to make more informed choices.
MAKE BETTER OPERATIONAL DECISIONS
DUET provides a virtual city replica, which make it easy to understand the complex interrelation between traffic, air quality, noise and other urban factors. Cities can react quickly to events and simulate alternative policy and operational approaches based on real data.